The Wells Mountain Initiative -WMI Scholars Program is typically awarded for the full period of study, however, recipients must maintain good academic grades, participate in community service, and meet the WMI application deadline to submit an official copy of school/course grades. and completing semester reports.
Details about WMI Scholars Program 2023
- Sponsor(s): Wales Mountain Initiative (WMI)
- The scholarship will be taken in the recipient’s home country or any developing country
- WMI Scholarship Value: The scholarship covers tuition fees, school fees and related expenses
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Gender Male Female
- Eligible Nationality: International students (from developing countries)
Brief background of WMI
The Wales Mountain Initiative (WMI) is an annual program designed for students from developing countries. WMI is a charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA and authorized under the US Internal Revenue Service.
The Wales Mountain Initiative (WMI) seeks to bring about social change through education and community building by providing student scholarships and skills training to bright young people in the developing world, as well as building a network of grassroots leaders who are catalyzing community transformation.
WMI provides support to students each year as they pursue a variety of educational objectives, support is provided for students at the following levels; Universities, Polytechnics and Trade Schools). Financial coverage or assistance provided covers tuition and school fees and directly related costs such as books and supplies.
Please note that WMI scholarships do not always cover the full cost of tuition and associated educational expenses.
How to Apply for Wales Mountain Initiative – WMI Scholars Program 2023?
You can apply for the WMI Scholars Program 2023 in two ways: online, or by mailing a completed application packet to the office.
- To apply online, please visit the application portal here: https://apply.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarships/wellsmountaininitiative2023You will be asked to create a free account (username and password).
- Complete with correct information and upload the document. Online application is preferred as it will allow you to save your work and return it multiple times
- Once your application is submitted online, it will be accepted and reviewed. All inquiries and questions may be directed [email protected]
Application through mail-in
For mail-in applications, you need to print the 2023 application form, and ensure that it is clearly completed and attached with all required supporting documents before sending it.
Eligibility Criteria for the Wales Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Program 2023
Interested candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be a student (male or female) from a developing country
- Applicants must have successfully completed secondary education with good to excellent grades
- Must be 35 years or below as on March 1, 2023
- Must be willing to study in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Currently pursuing his first bachelor degree or diploma
- Candidates will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and progress of his or her home country.
- He should plan to live and work in his home country after graduation
- Must show commitment to giving back and be seen as a volunteer before applying
- Candidates may have some other funds available for his education, but are not allowed to pursue his third degree without financial assistance
Applicants for the WMI Scholars Program must submit the following documents:
- A clear personal image
- An essay that is mentioned in the application form
- 2023 Application Form
- Personal Essay Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript with grading key to explain secondary school grades (grades from secondary school)
- Official Transcript (Grades from Tertiary Studies)
- Grading keys to interpret official results and scores of national exams
Last date of sending application:
March 1, 2023.