But what is the ‘Off FB Activity’ feature, and will you be worried about your data? Here’s some information I’ve gathered about activity off FB, and I sure hope it helps.
Closed Facebook activity
On January 28, 2020, or Data Privacy Day, the social media platform introduced new features. It gives users more control over their data and privacy.
Mark Zuckerberg explained in a note that other businesses send information about user activity on their sites. They then use that information to direct targeted ads.
This tool shows you a summary of that information. And allows you to clear it from your account if you want.
Off Facebook Activity Tool
Before social media introduced this feature, users had no way to see what information was being sent to social media from other apps and websites.
The tool gives you a window of activity and some degree of control. By giving users access to delete their off-Facebook activity from their accounts. However, the effect is almost the same as deleting your browser history or going incognito.
The social media app states that once you’ve disconnected your account from off-FB activity (which can take up to 48 hours). Although FB will still receive your actions later from the companies and organizations you visit
Facebook offline activity
Turning this feature off will log you out of apps and websites you’re logged in to using FB. This will prevent users from logging into apps and websites with FB.
And you’ll still see an equal number of ads. Since you are still using FB, Corporate will use your current ad preferences Also, due to action, you are taking to FB to direct your relevant ads.
How to Turn Off “Off-Facebook Activity” in Facebook App
Facebook gives users access to the ‘Off-FB Activity’ tool from the mobile app. Here is a step-by-step guide.
- Tap the Menu icon from the bottom-left corner of the Facebook app.
- Scroll down a touch and tap the “Settings and privacy” option.
- Now, tap on the “Settings” option.
- Scroll to the right to locate the “Off-Facebook Activity” tool under the Your Facebook Information heading.
- Select the tool then tap on “More” options.
- You will now see a dialog box with “Manage future actions” option. Tap on that option then continue on the “Manage future activity” button.
- Now, toggle the button next to the Long-Term Off-Facebook Activity heading to show your future ‘Off-Facebook Activity’ tracking.
‘Off-FB Activity’ will be disconnected from your account within 48 hours after you stop tracking.
It’s worth noting that if you choose to display long-term activity for all apps and websites, your past ‘off-FB activity’ will also be disconnected.
Facebook steps to stop “off-Facebook activity” on the web
Below are the steps you can use to stop your ‘Off-Facebook Activity’ on the web platform www.facebook.com.
- Enter the URL facebook.com in your web browser.
- Log in to your account on the Facebook site then click the down arrow at the top right of the screen.
- Click on the “Settings and Privacy” option and select the “Settings” option.
- Now, click on “Your Facebook Information” from the left column then “Off-Facebook Activity” option. You can directly go to the off-Facebook activity page after logging into your FB account.
- Click on “More” option from the right sidebar then select “Manage future activity”. You will now see a pop-up screen from where you want to click on the “Manage Future Activity” button.
- Now, click on the button next to Long Term Off-FB Activity option to turn off ‘Off-FB Activity’.
You can also opt out of your future ‘off-FB activity’ data for selected apps or websites. For this, you want to click on Manage your Off-FB Activity from the ‘Off-FB Activity’ page.
You will be prompted to re-enter your profile password. And then, you can decide on the app or website you want to review.