Sadly, most people are deeply concerned about what special food to prepare for that day as they look forward to celebrating that day. If that’s your concern right now, you just got the solution.
In this article, we recommend making “Roasted Chicken for Christmas”. However, if you have no idea how to make it, we will also provide a guide on that.
Roasted Chicken for Christmas
Roasted chicken is the perfect idea for any occasion. That’s because it takes a little time and a few ingredients to create the perfect flavor. On this note, we’ll give you ideas on the best-roasted chicken recipes and what you can serve with chicken.
What to Serve with Roast Chicken for Christmas Day Celebrations
Just like we mentioned earlier, you can either decide to enjoy your chicken just as it is or have it with something else:
- – Potato filling.
- – Chips.
- – Goat cheese.
- – honey
- – Baked Asparagus.
- – Garlic Broccolini.
- – Salt and vinegar cucumbers.
- – Cooked broccoli.
- – Chopped carrots.
- – Baked Asparagus.
- – Bavarian potato salad.
- – Brown butter parsnip puree.
- Garlic and hard mashed potatoes. With this, you can enjoy your roasted chicken while celebrating the birth of Christ!
A favorite roast chicken recipe for Christmas
If you want to make the right delicacy, you need the right recipe to do it. However, for those who have never made a roast chicken, it is necessary to pay attention to every detail that this article has to offer. As we will provide you with all the ingredients and spices you need to make a delicious Christmas Chicken. You can check them out below:
- Roasting Chicken (1).
- Fresh black pepper (you will need 2 teaspoons).
- Salt (2 teaspoons is recommended).
- Garlic (you’ll need a big bunch).
- Lemon fruit (1/2 or a whole. It’s based on your preference).
- Melted butter (you will need 2 ½ tablespoons).
- 1 large onion.
- A small amount of mixed herbs such as rosemary and sage.
- Olive oil (optional).
With all the above ingredients, you are good to go. Note, these ingredients mentioned are for one chicken only. However, if you decide to roast more than one chicken, you will need to increase the quantity of ingredients mentioned.
Poultry tools and equipment needed
In order to start with your food otherwise, you will need all the necessary tools and equipment. You can check them out below:
- A good roasting pan.
- a sharp knife.
- A good oven.
- Kitchen brush.
- aluminum fruit.
- Heavy duty rimmed baking sheet.
- Cast iron metal.
These are the tools you’ll need before roasting your chicken. No doubt, there are many more but this is the most important of them all.
How to Prepare Homemade Roast Chicken in the Oven for Christmas
In this section, we will give you the steps on how to make homemade roast chicken for this year’s Christmas celebration. Before preparing your roast chicken, it’s important you have all the necessary ingredients, as this will prevent you from getting the exact flavor you need. You can follow the steps below to get a delicious roasted chicken.
- Wash your already-cleaned chicken and make sure it is clean enough by removing unwanted features and fat.
- Then season the chicken inside and out with onion powder, salt and pepper. Place 3 tablespoons of butter in the cavity of the chicken, arrange the remaining dollops of butter on the outside of the chicken, chop 3 or 4 pieces of celery and place in the cavity of the chicken.
- While it’s on, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). This is the perfect temperature for roasting chicken.
- Once all the ingredients are spread over the chicken, tie the chicken legs with twine.
- Then place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Let the chicken stay in the oven for about an hour and thirty minutes.
- An instant-read thermometer in the chicken to determine if the chicken is ready.
- If the chicken is ready, you can take it out and cover it with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes.
With these helpful steps, you’re on your way to making a delicious roast chicken this Christmas. You can try it and thank us later. Season’s greetings once again!
Check it out: