With this scholarship award, you can study at any Japanese university of your choice at any level of education. And all your school expenses will be covered by MEXT as it is fully funded. Read this article to get detailed information about this scholarship award, its eligibility and how you can apply for it.
Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Application
Since 1954, Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology has awarded scholarships to support students every year. Under this program, there are different types of scholarship schemes based on your level of study.
There is a scholarship scheme for graduate students, research students, special training students, and graduate level students. And there are even Japanese studies scholarships that allow you to study in Japan for a limited time. Then after the time is up you will return to your home institution.
Summary of Japan Government Mext Scholarship
Below is a summary of the scholarship which will give you more information about it
- Level of Study: Bachelors, Masters, PhD, Training.
- Eligible Countries: All countries of the world.
- Institution: Japanese University.
- Study: Japan.
- Gender: Both male and female.
- Courses Offered: The scholarship covers all courses offered at Japanese universities. These include Engineering, Arts, Social Sciences, Humanities, Medical and many more.
- Scholarship Duration: It depends on the course you want to study.
- Application Deadline: Since this scholarship is offered to students in all counties around the world, the application deadline varies from embassy to embassy.
This is a summary of MEXT scholarship awards.
What does the Japanese government MEXT scholarship cover?
Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships are fully funded international studies to study in Japan. With this scholarship, you will study in Japan for free without paying
- Your tuition fee will be paid by MEXT.
- It covers fees for entrance exams to a Japanese university.
- Monthly stipend allowance.
- Transportation costs. This scholarship will cover travel expenses and ticket airfare from your country to Japan.
- The scholarship will cover accommodation costs for international students.
These costs are covered by the MEXT scholarship award.
How to Apply for Japan Government MEXT Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, you need to visit the website www.mofa.go.jp/about/emb_cons/over/index.html. Then download the MEXT Scholarship Application for your country or region and fill it.
You also need to add some documents to the form. Provide them and submit the form to the Japanese embassy in your country. If you are considered for a scholarship, you will be invited to the Japanese embassy in your country for a written test.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
Furthermore, you must be eligible to apply for or receive this scholarship. MEXT accepts international students who wish to study in Japan as long as they meet the following qualifications and conditions
- All applicants must hold citizenship of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. Furthermore, an applicant with Japanese nationality is not eligible.
- Applicants must have a good academic record and be proficient in English.
- For Undergraduates: You should be at least 17 years of age and below 25 years of age. Most have completed 12 years of education or have a high school diploma.
- Meanwhile, for research students: You must be under 35 years old, a college graduate, or have completed 16 years of schooling.
- For Specialized Training College students: You should be between 17 and 22 years of age, have completed 12 years of education, or have a high school diploma.
- Also, for Japanese Studies students: Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years of age. Must have completed 12 years of education or have a high school diploma. and be enrolled as an undergraduate in a country outside of Japan before applying.
These are the eligibility criteria to apply for MEXT Scholarship.
Documents Required to Apply for Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
Also, to apply for this scholarship, you will need some documents. This document includes
- application form.
- Letters of recommendation from the applicant’s teachers, advisors, or staff.
- A scan of the applicant’s passport.
- Health certificate.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for research students.
- Study plan or statement of purpose.
- Copy of photograph.
- English Language Proficiency Document.
- Academic thesis or other relevant documents.
These are the documents you will need to apply for and receive the MEXT Scholarship.
Check it out: