Unfriending them is not the best option to prevent them from seeing you. They can search and view your profile even after you unfriend them You can restrict to prevent a user from seeing the post you shared only with friends Also, you still want to block some of your Facebook friends or other users. As you read, you will be exposed to more information.
How to unblock someone on Facebook
Before you unblock a user from Facebook (How to Unblock Someone on Facebook), you have to block them first. This may be done as a mistake, but nevertheless, you can evaluate your blocklists to see the users you have blocked from Facebook.
What can you block on Facebook (How to unblock someone on Facebook)
Besides users, there are other things you can block on Facebook. They include:
- Block users.
- Block messages.
- Block app invitations.
- Block groups.
- Block apps.
- Block pages.
- Restricted list.
How to Access and Manage Facebook Blocking Lists
To see and manage what you’ve blocked on Facebook, you’ll need to access the Blocking menu.
- Open the Facebook site facebook.com.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the triangle icon at the top right of the homepage.
- Click on Settings.
- Locate and select blocking options from the left slide of the page.
- All blocking will be opened for you from where you can manage them.
How to Block Friends on Facebook (How to Unblock Someone on Facebook)
If you’re tired of seeing other Facebook users’ posts, or you want to prevent them from viewing your profile or posts, here are the steps you can follow:
On your computer or mobile web browser:
- Go to the Facebook site URL facebook.com.
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Search for the user profile you want to block.
- From the user page, click the three-dotted icon (…) after the message icon.
- Select “Block”.
- A pop-up message will appear to confirm whether you want to block this user.
- Click on Confirm.
In the mobile app:
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device. (iOS, Android or BlackBerry devices)
- Sign in with your account login.
- Search for the user you want to block or if the user is your friend you can identify them from your friends list.
- Tap the More icon (…).
- From the list, tap Block.
- Confirm that you want to block the user by tapping Block from the confirmation page.
What blocked users will be able to do (How to unblock someone on Facebook)
If you’ve blocked a Facebook user or friend, they can’t:
- See what you’ve posted on your timeline.
- Tag you.
- Invite you to groups, pages or events.
- Message me or start a conversation.
- Add you as their Facebook friend.
Take a break from being a Facebook user
This is another option that appears when you want to confirm blocking of a user. You can take a break instead of blocking a user. When you take a break from Facebook users you can:
- See less of users you take a break from
- Prevent seeing their posts or posts they’re tagged in.
Block on Facebook Messenger
You can also block users from sending you messages instead of blocking them. You can do this by:
- Open your Facebook Messenger.
- Click or tap on the user and open their profile.
- Scroll down and click or tap Block.
- Then finally click or tap on Block on Messenger.
And confirm by clicking or tapping Block from the confirmation page.
How to unblock friends on Facebook
Finally, if you want to unblock someone you blocked by mistake or you want to unblock them out of choice, you can do it through the method below:
- Open the Facebook site facebook.com or apps on mobile devices.
- Fill in your details to log in if you need it.
- Go to the menu option from where you click or tap on Settings.
- Select the blocking option.
- You will be shown a list of blocked users.
You can unblock them by clicking or tapping “Unblock” at the end of their name in the list.
Ask one question after this
What happens when you block someone on Facebook?
Blocking a profile of them only blocks that profile. It does not block their other profiles. It simply means you may still be interested in other profiles. For example, you can start a conversation with those profiles or add them as friends
Why can’t I unblock someone on Facebook?
To do this, you need to tap on the top right corner of your Facebook page. Then scroll down and click on Settings. Once that’s done, scroll down to Audience and Visibility and tap Blocking. While unblocking, click on the Unblock button which will take you to the next profile you want to unblock.
How do I unblock someone on Facebook?
Click the “Settings and Privacy” button, then tap Settings. Then locate the Blocking option. Then tap “Unlock” next to the name of the person or page you want to unblock.
How long does a block on Facebook last?
The length of a temporary block by Facebook depends on the severity of the violation and the user’s history on Facebook. It has been observed that a temporary block can last as long as several hours. However, it may last up to 30 days.
Check it out: