Also, major features of AirPods like double-tap customization, ear detection and Siri, make the device much more popular among iPhone users. But if you want to pair your AirPods to a Windows 11 PC, that’s something different.
Connect AirPods to an Apple device
Mainly, you should be able to connect your AirPods to most devices that offer support for Bluetooth. Let’s say you can use AirPods with Chromebooks, which run Chrome OS and feature Bluetooth connectivity. Similarly, on a Windows PC, there is an option for you to scan and then pair with a Bluetooth device.
With this feature, you’ll be able to connect to a Windows 11 PC using AirPods, they work just as well as Bluetooth earphones. The only downside here is that you won’t be offered any of the unique features available in the Apple ecosystem. Before starting, you need to make sure that Bluetooth is turned off on any nearby Apple devices.
Do Apple AirPods work with Windows 11 PCs?
AirPods are designed to work seamlessly with your iPhones and other Apple devices, but you can pair and connect AirPods to any Windows 11 PC with Bluetooth.
Your AirPods can even remember your own Windows 11 PC, your iPhone, and other devices, allowing you to switch between them whenever you feel like it.
How to connect AirPods to your Windows 11 PC
If you have previously connected a speaker or wireless earphones to your Windows 11 PC, you will be familiar with the steps.
- On your PC, right-click the Windows icon on the left side of the taskbar and select “Settings.”
- Click on the “Bluetooth and Devices” option on the left side.
- Enable Bluetooth by clicking the toggle on the right
- You will see the names of devices already connected to your PC. Click “Add Device” on the right. At this stage, you should also prepare your AirPods.
- Place both AirPods in the case and open the lid of the launcher.
- Then hold down the physical button on the AirPods case until you see a white LED light flash
- There you will see the “Add a device” menu on your computer screen. Select “Bluetooth” to add AirPods.
- Your Windows 11 PC will start searching for Bluetooth devices in its vicinity. Make sure AirPods are in pairing mode and close to your PC.
- Click on your AirPods when it pops up in the list available on your device Your PC may take some time to connect to AirPods.
- Once connected, click “Done” in the bottom right corner.
Once you pair your Windows 11 PC with AirPods, both devices will remember each other. Even if it’s disconnected, you’ll be able to switch to a Windows PC via the Bluetooth device menu.
Why won’t my AirPods connect to my Windows 11?
Launch Device Manager. Select Bluetooth, then right-click on your AirPods and select Update Driver. Right-click on ‘Bluetooth Adapter’. Click Search automatically for drivers.
Does Windows 11 allow bluetooth?
To enable Bluetooth in Windows 11, launch the “Settings” app window and then click the “Bluetooth & Devices” button located on the left side of the screen to show the Bluetooth and device settings on the right. To enable Bluetooth in Windows 11, click the “Bluetooth” toggle switch to toggle it to the “On” position.
Why won’t my PC discover my AirPods?
If you’re having trouble connecting your AirPods to a Windows PC, try turning off Bluetooth on other nearby devices, especially other Apple devices. If you need Bluetooth on those devices in ‘on’ mode, try forgetting your AirPods from them or simply resetting your AirPods.
How do I turn off my AirPods?
AirPods cannot be turned off. They go into power save mode when you’re not using them. To conserve battery life, store your headphones when you’re done using them.