Are you interested in buying headphones? Getting a headphone requires a proper guide if you want the right choice to make a mistake. This article will help you to know the right choice for buying headphones.
There are different types of headphones. There are two main types of headphones which are: over-ear headphones and on-ear headphones.
Types of Headphones
There are different types of headphones that you can choose from and they are as follows:
- Circumoral: These types of headsets can be closed or open-backed. These types of headphones are in ear cups. It is mostly used by DJs who need to monitor music in loud environments and is a good choice for recording applications.
- Earbuds: These headphones provide comfort and are light in weight. They fit perfectly in the ear.
- Wireless Headphones: As the name suggests, these headphones are wireless. There is noise free and cost effective. They are also needed for transmitting power and batteries.
There are other categories of headphones such as open-air, semi-open and many other types of headphones.
Areas to consider before getting headphones
There are a few things you need to check to get the headphones.
- Headphone prices vary which means you need to get headphones that suit your budget and price range. So you should try to get headphones according to your budget.
- Headphone type. We have over-ear headphones and in-ear headphones. So you need to choose the type or form of headphones that you feel comfortable with.
- Your favorite headphone design. There are different designs of headphones which are closed-back headphones, open-back headphones and semi-open-back headphones.
- The next question you should ask yourself is, am I getting wired or wireless headphones?
- The audio quality you’re looking for. Audio quality such as frequency, range, impedance, driver type and many other audio quality characteristics that you should know first.
- Frequency response is the range of frequencies that headphones can reproduce resulting in full sound. The frequency range of human hearing is from 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Types of Drivers: There are different types of drivers which are: dynamic drivers, balanced armature drivers, planar magnetic drivers and electrostatic drivers.
- Impedance: The resistance to your headphones that allows current to flow from your headphone amplifier. Impedances range from 8ohms to hundreds of ohms in high-end models.
- Sensitivity: How loud the headphones are can be related to their power. And it’s measured in decibels, a measure of volume.
- Noise-canceling headphones. If you want noise-cancelling headphones, Bose and Audio Technica have very good noise cancellation.
- Built-in controls: These features reduce the stress of taking your phone out of your pocket, you can control your music with your voice like Alexa and Siri which helps in better use of headphones.
- Purpose of getting the headphones: This includes the activities for which you are using the headphones If you are going to use it mostly for jogging, you can get a wireless headphone that will be comfortable for you. So you need to buy headphones that are suitable for the task you want to do.
- Brands: You need to know the trusted brands that give you the right options and the right products.
- Cord type. If you’re going to get a headphone, you should get one that has a good quality cord, not a rubber cord that can get tangled and damaged.
How to choose the right headphones?
- How do you use your headphones?
- Headphone type.
- Closed or open-back
- Wired or wireless.
- Noise cancellation.
- OPTIONS, ADD-ONS AND ACCESSORIES
Best brand for headphones?
There are many products but there are unique brands. The brands are listed below:
- Steel series.
Different types of headphones?
Different types of headphones differ in the way they fit in the ear. The main types of headphones are followed by in-ear, on-ear, over-ear and open-ear headphones.
Which headphones are better for the ears?
There are various headsets but some are good for the ears and some are not recommended to use due to audio quality, here are some headphones suitable for the ears:
- Apple AirPods Max.
- Sony WH-1000XM5.
- Anker Soundcore Life Q30.
- Sony WH-1000XM4.
- Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pro X.
How much does a decent pair of headphones cost?
Headphone prices range from $50 for a good pair of earphones or headphones to $1000 for an audiophile model. Headphone quality goes with price, for some quality headphones, prices vary from $100 to $400. Quality in-ear, over-ear, and on-ear models are available from $100 to $200.