Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 apply online
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 (HPCL) is a Maharatna Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) and an S&P Global Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company. HPCL has a strong presence in the downstream hydrocarbon sector of the country with over 18% share in petroleum product marketing and also has business footprints across other energy verticals & various overseas geographies. During 2020 – 21, HPCL recorded a Profit after Tax (PAT) of Rs. 10,664 Crore.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 owns and operates refineries in Mumbai & Visakhapatnam with designed capacities of 7.5 Million Metric Tonnes Per Annum (MMTPA) & 8.3 MMTPA with further expansion planning to 15MMTPA at Visakh Refinery. HPCL also owns the largest Lube Refinery in the country in Mumbai for producing Lube Oil Base Stock with a capacity of 428 TMTPA.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 holds a 48.99% equity stake in JV company, HPCL-Mittal Energy Limited (HMEL) which operates an 11.3 MMTPA capacity refinery at Bathinda (Punjab) and also holds a 16.96% equity stake in Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL) which operates a 15 MMTPA capacity refinery at Mangalore (Karnataka).
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 has the second-largest petroleum product pipeline network in India with a network length of 3,775 km and supplies petroleum products across the country through a vast marketing network consisting of 70 depots, 42 terminals, 52 LPG bottling plants, 47 aviation fuel stations, 6 lube blending plants, over 19,341 retail outlets, 282 lube distributorships and over 6210 LPG distributorships.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 invites applications from dynamic, result-oriented, aspiring individuals for filling up of the following positions at Visakh Refinery – Visakhapatnam. Interested and eligible candidates can apply ONLINE through www.hindustanpetroleum.com under “Careers”.
Broad descriptions of duties for the above positions are mentioned below:
1. Operations Technician :
Operate equipment like all types of Pumps, Compressors, Valves, Exchangers, Columns, Vessels, Furnaces, Heaters, Cooling Towers, Fans, Filters, Reactors, Storage Tanks etc. Monitor & record parameters in log sheets in the field like Pressure, Temperature, Flow, levels & Analyzers readings etc. Carry out simple Lab tests in the field. Drawing Samples as per Laboratory Test schedule and as per requirements. Removal, cleaning & refitting of Oil burners, Soot blowing operation, operation of Motor operated & hydraulic valves locally.
Commissioning, decommissioning and operation of utility and hydrocarbon headers of different sizes. Operation of ID & FD fans. Operation of Steam turbines. Ensure the activities of up-keeping the equipment/machinery. Make operational changes in the units as per standard operating procedures. Ensure Health and Safety of all plant equipment (Static as well as rotary) in the assigned area. Take appropriate steps during emergencies and plant upsets to protect the plant personnel/equipment and inventory. Handle Plant upsets and subsequent troubleshooting.
2. Boiler Technician :
Operate Valves of various sizes, soot blowers, Fuel oil burners & Fuel gas burners, all types of Pumps for various services, Blowers, Fans, Turbines, Heat exchangers of various types, Heaters, Cooling towers, Storage tanks for various services, KOD, Gas Skid, Filters, etc. Removal, cleaning & refitting of Oil burners, Soot blowing operation of Boilers/Waste Heat Boilers, operation of Motor operated & hydraulic valves locally.
Commissioning, decommissioning and operation of steam headers of different sizes, Boiler feedwater heaters, fuel oil headers, Instrument Air headers, Plant Air headers, Condensate headers etc. Operation of ID & FD fans. Operation of Steam turbines. Operation of Boiler feedwater pumps. Monitor & record parameters in log sheets in the field like Pressure, Temperature, Flow, levels & Analyzers readings etc.
Drawing Samples as per Laboratory Test schedule and as per requirements. Carry out simple Lab tests in the field. Ensure the activities of up-keeping the equipment/machinery. Make operational changes in the units as per standard operating procedures. Ensure Health and Safety of all plant equipment (Static as well as rotary) in the assigned area. Take appropriate steps during emergencies and plant upsets to protect the plant personnel/equipment and inventory. Handle Plant upsets and subsequent troubleshooting.
3. Maintenance Technician- Mechanical :
Perform maintenance activities of all production equipment which includes, but is not limited to, Pumps, Compressors, Fans, Boilers, Heaters, Heat Exchangers, Coolers/ Condensers, Pipelines, Pressure Vessels, Soot Blowers, Valves, Tanks, Steam Turbines, Mixers, Agitators, Gas turbines, filters, level gauges, lifting tools and structural. Perform mechanical assemblies, dismantling, alignments, bolt to queuing, greasing, trip checks, balancing, measurements, machining, drilling, gas cutting, welding, brazing, lapping, painting, stencilling, insulation works, protective coating jobs and troubleshooting & repair works of all kinds of hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical operated mechanical equipment.
Perform civil works such as drilling, grouting, piling, shuttering, piling, RCC/ PCC works, excavation, plumbing, Carpentry jobs and laying underground piping. Operate all kinds of mechanical tools which includes, but are not limited to, Spanners, Torque Wrenches, Chain Blocks, EOT cranes, Test pumps, test benches, Power tools, and also the mechanical instruments. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities and record the observations in log sheets. Inspect incoming materials and conduct QC/QA checks. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
4. Maintenance Technician – Electrical :
The major scope of Maintenance Electrical technicians includes carrying out corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance of various electrical equipment across the refinery. This includes complete testing of motors, transformers, Circuit breakers, starter modules, MCCBs, relays (primary and secondary injection), tan delta tests, oil BDV testing etc.
The technicians shall be capable of troubleshooting/ rectifying PA systems, UPS, Battery chargers, battery banks, soot blowers, carrying out generators testing, end termination & straight through joints of cables up to 33 kV, usage of cable fault kits, HT and LT panels as well as cable hi-pot tests. They shall be capable of reading electrical drawings and carrying out modifications or rectification of control and power circuits in HT and LT panels as per requirement. They shall be capable of monitoring the healthiness of the SCADA system, carrying out Infrared thermography and preparation of reports for the same in Word/ Excel. The above activities need to be carried out during general shifts, shifts, turnaround shutdowns, etc.
5. Maintenance Technician – Instrumentation:
The role and responsibilities include carrying out corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance of various instruments and control systems in Refinery. This includes dropping, calibration & installation of different types of pressure, flow, level and temperature instruments as well as analyzers.
Preparation of calibration reports, PM check reports, checklists, etc. Wet leg filling & calibration of level instruments, unplugging of lead lines & proving clear of all tapings. Checking, overhauling & calibration of different types of instruments, final control elements (Control valves), analyzers, solenoid valves, etc.
Checking & troubleshooting the tankage instruments like servo gauges, radar gauges, RIM seal systems, etc. Checking of safety instruments like smoke detectors, fire detectors, gas detectors, flame scanners, manual call points, clean agent protection systems, etc. Checking of DCS, PLC, SCADA, SOE, HMI, CCTV, Wireless and MMS systems. Checking of instrument loops, junction boxes, unit trip & interlock systems, start-up and commissioning assistance, etc. The above activities need to be carried out during general shifts, shifts, turnaround shutdowns, etc.
6. Lab Analyst:
Regularly carry out testing (analysis) of various samples of hydrocarbon (crude oil, intermediate streams and final products), water and gases collected from Process units in the refinery on round a clock basis in shift duties. Samples’ analysis shall be carried out as per specified/ standard test methods and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of respecting test equipment/ apparatus. Enter the test results in the LMS software used in the laboratory. Prepare Standard Solutions of different strengths (Normality) for usage in the laboratory, carry out calibration of equipment/ apparatus and maintain records.
Check the glassware/ equipment/ apparatus condition, clean the apparatus before and after sample analysis and follow safety precautions. Check for adequacy of stocks of consumables, chemicals, glassware etc. available in the laboratory and submit a report to the Shift in charge. Participate in refinery firefighting and mock drills as a first-line crew member during an emergency. Follow work instructions, and Safe Work Practices (SWP) and report unsafe/ near miss conditions, if any. Maintain Good Housekeeping in the workplace and overall laboratory. ParticipateinISO17025&14001activities and ASTM Proficiency Test programs as and when required.
7. Junior Fire & Safety Inspector:
Driving all types of fire vehicles during normal and emergencies. Checking, testing and upkeep of Firefighting equipment, fire vehicles & their systems, other appliances, fire protection systems, fire alarm communication system, fire extinguishers, safety equipment etc. Attending to emergencies inside &outside the refinery. Checking of work permits, conducting fire and safety training, manning the fire control room and maintaining all F&S records.
Assisting Process personnel during fire-fighting operations and emergencies, driving Ambulance & helping the casualty with First-Aid. Taking inventory of all F&S equipment /chemicals in the fire station and warehouse. Participating in mock drills inside and outside the refinery as and when required.
A. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022:
Minimum educational qualifications for employment are given below :
- Candidates should have passed qualifying examinations in relevant disciplines. All the qualifications should be full-time regular courses recognized by the respective State Board or applicable competent authority. Courses offered through part-time or distance mode for an employed person will not be entertained for educational eligibility criteria.
- Except for Junior Fire & Safety Inspector positions, the Candidates (belonging to General, EWS and OBC-NC category) should have secured a minimum of 60% (aggregate in all semesters/years) marks in qualifying diploma / Degree examinations, relaxed to 50% (aggregate in all semesters/years) marks for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.
- Minimum Age: 18 Years (as of 01-04-2022) Max Age Limit: 25 Years (as of 01-04-2022)
- Candidates possessing higher qualifications such as a degree in Engineering, AMIE etc. are not eligible for consideration and need not apply.
B. CONCESSIONS/ RELAXATIONS Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 :
- Reservation of posts for SC, ST, OBC-NC, EWS, Ex-Servicemen and PwBD are as per Government Directives.
- Except for Lab analyst positions, all the positions require climbing of tall structures, columns and tanks by stairs and monkey ladders, quick response to unit emergencies or process upsets. All applicants are required to ensure their suitability for the above positions before applying.
- the reserved category candidates are required to submit the original caste certificate in the prescribed format of the Government of India, issued by the competent authority at the time of the Skill Test, in support of their claim.
- In addition, the OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates will be required to submit a valid caste certificate in the prescribed format applicable for purpose of reservation in appointment to posts under Government of India/ Central Government Public Sector Undertaking as contained in DOPT Memo No. 36036/2/2013- Estt. (Res.) dated 30- 05-2014 from a competent authority issued in the year of advertisement. Further, the OBC- NC candidates will have to give a self-undertaking, at the time of the Skill Test if called for, indicating that they belong to OBC-Non Creamy Layer.
- The OBC candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled to concession admissible to OBC- NC candidates and such candidates will have to indicate their category as Unreserved (UR). The applicable formats of the Caste/Community certificate are available on Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 website www.hindustanpetroleum.com
- Candidates claiming reservation benefits under the EWS category are required to produce an Income and Asset Certificate in the prescribed format as contained in DOPT OM No.36039/1/2019-Estt(Res) dated 31-01-2019
- If the SC/ST/OBC-NC/PwBD/EWS certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- The maximum age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC & ST, 3 years for OBC-NC candidates, as applicable and 10 years for PwBD (UR), 13 years for PwBD (OBC-NC), 15 years for PwBD (SC/ST) candidates, as applicable.
- Any request for change in Category (General/SC/ST/OBC- NC/PwBD/EWS) once filled in the online application form, will not be considered and accordingly, concession/relaxation applicable will not be extended.
- The maximum age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989.
- In the case of Ex-servicemen who have put in not less than six months of continuous service in the Armed Forces, they shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his/her actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed by more than three years the maximum age limit prescribed for the post or service for which a candidate seeks appointment, he/she be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Relaxed standards in selection will be made applicable for SC, ST, OBC-NC and PwBD candidates.
C. SELECTION METHODOLOGY Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022
Candidates fulfilling all of the above eligibility criteria for respective positions will be called for a Computer Based Test(CBT) comprising of General Aptitude Test and Technical / Professional Knowledge. The CBT is likely to be conducted in 22 cities across India. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 reserves the right to cancel or add any Center. Candidates may be called for Computer Based Test at any centre other than/her choice.
Candidates qualifying in the CBT will be called for Skill Test, in order of the category-wise and position-wise merit list (as per cut-off marks decided by HPCL). The skill test shall be of a “qualifying nature” only. The candidates qualifying Skill Test will have to appear for a pre-employment medical examination. Reference for a medical examination does not mean final selection.
D. PHYSICAL / MEDICAL FITNESS Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 :
Desirous candidates seeking employment with Hindustan Petroleum need to be medically fit as per Hindustan Petroleum’s pre-employment medical standard. It may please be noted that Defective Color vision is a disqualification under Pre Employment Medical norms of HPCL.
E. REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON COST TO Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022:
COMPANY (CTC) BASIS: Remuneration for all the above positions will be a minimum of ₹ 55000/- per month on Cost to Company Basis (Pay Scale ₹ 26000/– ₹ 76000/-) for candidates posted at Visakhapatnam. CTC includes VDA, HRA, Cafeteria Allowance, Post-Retirement benefits (PF, Gratuity and Superannuation Benefits) etc, Selected candidates will be on probation for a period of 9 months.
Upon successful completion of the Probation period, they will be considered for confirmation subject to satisfactory performance during the probation period. The confirmation in service would also be subject to verification of antecedents and verification of caste status certificate wherever applicable.
F. How to Apply Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 :
Candidates are requested to read the complete instructions hereunder before proceeding to the application form.
- The candidates need to apply online through www.hindustanpetroleum.com and click on “Careers” -> Job openings.
- Online Applications will be accepted from 0000 hrs on 22-04-2022 till 2359 hrs on 21-05-2022.
- The candidate should keep a scanned copy of the latest passport size photo and signature (in jpg/gif format less than 200 kb) ready before filling out an online application form.
- Fill in the online form with all the relevant details. Upload a scanned copy of your latest passport size photograph and signature in the online application form.
- Candidates are “NOT” required to submit a hard copy of the application form to HPCL. The details filled in the online application form will be considered final and no changes will be entertained w.r.t. personal/ any other details.
G. PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022:
UR, OBC-NC and EWS candidates are required to pay a Non-Refundable Amount of ₹590/- + payment gateway charges if any (which includes GST@18%). SC, ST and PwBD candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited Recruitment 2022 MODE OF PAYMENT :
Online Payment through Debit / Credit card/UPI/Net Banking: On paying the application fee online, the payment status will automatically change to “Your Transaction is successfully completed”, on successful receipt of fees. All the candidates must ensure that the payment status is “Completed” as the transaction will be considered “incomplete” in case of any other payment status. Once the payment is done, candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgement of payment and preserve the same for future reference.
Note: The application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Hence, Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying application fees.