500px Global Photography Awards 2023
Submissions are invited for the annual 500px Photography Awards. The award is designed to recognize and celebrate the most interesting and stunning images taken or featured on 500px in 2022.
This award contest is open to all skill levels but the prerequisite for submission is that applicants must have a 500px profile.
The 500px Global Photography Awards 2023 has six categories to choose from, with 1 category winner and 5 finalists emerging in each category. To be otherwise eligible, submitted images must have been captured or first uploaded to 500px between January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022.
Categories for the 500px Global Photography Awards 2023
- story telling
- Commercial material
- the fine arts
Based in Toronto, Ontario Canada, 500px is a global online photo sharing platform that is a subsidiary of Visual China Group. The photo-sharing platform was co-founded on October 31, 2009 by Oleg Gutsol and Evgeny Tchebotarev.
500px was originally started by Evgeny Tchebotarev as a hobby on the social blogging website LiveJournal in 2003, while he was completing a business degree at Ryerson University (now Toronto Metropolitan University).
The platform was then considered a good size for web display and so there was a limit to the number of photos submitted to the community for review.
Summary of the 500px Global Photography Awards
- Program Type: Competition
- Organization: 500px
- Country: International
- Gender: Male and Female
- Application Deadline: February 19, 2023
500px Global Photography Awards Benefit
Winners of six categories of awards will receive the following benefits:
- Cash prize is $2,000
- The Photographer of the Year will be awarded a badge
- Access to a one-year Pro account
- Gain global exposure through social media channels and blogs
- Winners Content Published in 2022 Collectible Photobook (Premium Feature)
How to Apply for 500px Global Photography Awards 2023?
- All interested and eligible candidates need to access the official webpage through 500px This is the URL to apply
- For more details, visit the 500px website This is the URL.
Eligibility Criteria for Eligibility for the 500px Global Photography Awards
To be considered for the prize, contestants must meet the following criteria;
- Photo must be taken or uploaded in 2022
- Candidates must own the copyright (images will be inspected for copyright issues)
- No photos submitted in more than one category will be allowed, one photo will be considered for one category only
- Candidates need an active 500px account to be eligible (create one for free if you don’t have one)
Selection criteria for the 500px Global Photography Awards
- Focus on quality over quantity to determine the applicant’s best work.
- The category most suitable with the image of the applicant is chosen
- Upload photos with correct metadata.
Last date of sending application
February 19, 2023.